IHMC podcast in the running for international award
The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences announced this week that STEM-Talk has been nominated for the Webby Awards, an international competition recognizing internet excellence.
STEM-Talk, an educational service of the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), received nominations in the science and education podcast categories for the Webby Awards as well as the Webby People’s Voice Awards. Academy members select winners for the Webby Awards while the People’s Voice Awards are voted on by the public.
People have until May 7th to visit vote.webbyawards.com to cast their ballots.
As a Webby nominee, STEM-Talk has been singled out as one of the five best podcasts in the world in the science and education category. Last year, more than three million people from 230 countries cast ballots in the People’s Voice awards.
STEM-Talk won first place the past two out three years in the science and medicine category of the Annual People’s Choice Podcast Awards.
Ken Ford, IHMC’s co-founder and CEO, co-hosts the podcast with IHMC Research Scientist Dawn Kernagis. STEM-Talk, with more than 100 episodes, features conversations with some of the most interesting people in the world of science and has been downloaded by more than two million people since its launch in 2016. For more information on IHMC, visit www.ihmc.us.
- Distinguished Exercise Scientist Joins IHMC
- DARPA taps IHMC’s Bonnie Dorr for group to assess agency’s research
- IHMC podcast in the running for international award
- STEM-Talk wins People’s Choice award for second time in three years
- UWF and IHMC announce inaugural cohort for state’s first Ph.D. in Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- UWF and IHMC announce inaugural director for Intelligent Systems and Robotics doctoral program
- IHMC and Andrews Research and Education Foundation announce partnership to conduct research projects
- Ryan Tilley Appointed to the FloridaWest Economic Development Alliance Board of Directors
- The most important, innovative company to open in Ocala in the past 20 years.