Summer 2022 Robotics Lab Mechanical Engineering Internships
Summer 2022 IHMC Robotics Lab-Mechanical Engineering Internships
Seeking talented summer interns to be part of the IHMC Robotics Team to design, fabricate, and assemble parts for walking robots and exoskeletons. Internships are available for students who are currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical engineering or related field. Ideal internship candidate should have significant design and fabrication experience of robotic systems. Knowledge of Solidworks is required. Basic knowledge of fasteners and bearings is required. Applicants will work closely with others in a small team, and excellent communication and documentation skills is required.
This internship is for a fulltime, paid position in Pensacola, Florida. You must be available every day during regular work hours, for a minimum of 9 weeks.
As part of the application, we require that you provide a link (unlisted or public) to a YouTube video of you talking about one of your mechanical designs. You can see a sample video at: https://youtu.be/iazm1KD5qoQ. This video should highlight your communication skills as well as show your design. The video should:
- Show you the entire time
- Include your talking about your project
- Be 1 minute (+/- 15 seconds) in length
- Show your design, either actual or on computer screen
- Have clear audio
Please follow these instructions carefully. Your ability to follow the instructions and provide all of the documents in the requested format will be part of your evaluation. Any application not following the instructions will be returned.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email must be: 2022 ME Internship – YourLastName
Include the following 3 items as attachments in the email:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”.
In the cover letter, include the following items:
- Dates you are available for an internship. Note you must be available full time at IHMC in Pensacola, FL.
- Describe your relevant mechanical design experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in an internship at IHMC.
- Provide link (URL) to your YouTube video.
- Provide email and phone number for three (3) professional references.
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnairepdf, fill it out and attach it. Name your file: “YourLastName_Questionnaire.pdf”
For example, the subject line of an email application for John Smith would be:
2022 ME Internship – Smith
His resume file would be titled: Smith_Resume.pdf
His cover letter file would titled: Smith_CoverLetter.pdf
His questionnaire file would be titled: Smith_Questionnaire.pdf
Updates to this announcement may appear at robots.ihmc.us/jobs
Location: Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
Application Deadline: April 4, 2022
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.