Starting Date: As soon as possible, depending on the applicant’s availability.
IHMC is seeking a Robotics Technician to be part of the IHMC Robotics Team to help tackle fundamental challenges in robotics on our Valkyrie and Nadia humanoid robots as well as our exoskeletons. The candidate will work full-time with the robotics team to collaborate with the assembly, repair, and design for manufacturability for some of the most advanced humanoid robots and exoskeletons in the world. An ideal candidate would be comfortable with keeping the lab’s robotics hardware maintained and easily adaptable to testing new component’s integration. Tasks would often include working with mechanical components such as bearings, actuators, and motors.
- 2 plus years of technical experience in a maintenance, mechanic, electrician, or technician capacity.
- Familiarity with basic machining techniques, component wear, and maintenance.
- Understanding of the basics wiring and electronics troubleshooting and repair.
- 5 plus years of technical experience.
- General fabrication experience, including basic metalworking skills.
- Familiarity with repair, assembly, and manufacture of composites.
- Familiarity with hydraulic system components and maintenance
- Familiarity with navigating CAD software
- Understanding and capability of diagnosing printed circuit boards.
Expected Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary between $45k-65k, depending on experience.
- Standard IHMC benefits, including:
- 11% 403(b) retirement contribution, no match required.
- Health, eye, dental, and life insurance plans.
- 6 weeks of paid vacation, plus federal holidays.
Why work at IHMC?
The robotics lab is an exciting place to work! We have team members from all over the world, which makes for interesting conversation, amusing antics, and fun activities to blow off some steam. Our team enjoys having paintball days, barbecues, sailing trips in Pensacola Bay, beach days, dress-up dares, happy hours, and learning lunches. Pensacola is a great place to live! The weather is (almost) always perfect for outdoor activities like sailing on the bay, volleyball on the white sand beaches, kayaking on Blackwater River, or camping right by the waves. The lab is located in Downtown Pensacola, surrounded by tasty restaurants, art museums, concert venues, farmers’ markets, and food trucks. Pensacola thrives on never-ending music, dining, dancing, and cultural diversity located right at your fingertips. You’ll love it here!
This is for a full-time, paid position in Pensacola, Florida. You must be authorized or able to gain authorization to work in the United States.
Email to robotjobs at ihmc.org with the subject line “Robotics Technician – YourLastName” and include the following:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”.
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnaire pdf, fill it out and attach it. Name your file: “YourLastName_Questionnaire.pdf”
In the cover letter:
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in a position at IHMC.
- Provide email and phone number (work and cell) for three (3) professional references.
**Application is considered incomplete until all items are submitted.**
Questions: robotjobs at ihmc.org
Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, Florida
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.