Robotics Open House
Open House at IHMC – Thursday, April 6, 2023
To celebrate the National Robotics Week, IHMC’s Robotics researchers will welcome the public from 3 to 8 p.m. April 6, 2023, for an Open House event in hopes of inspiring young people to seek out careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math. The family-friendly event encourages scientific discovery through hands-on activities, challenges, and demonstrations while providing the opportunity to learn about robots from IHMC’s researchers and educators.
National Robotics Week is all about celebrating the United States’ leadership in robotics technology and development and inspiring students of all ages to pursue careers in these areas. At Robotics Day, IHMC will demonstrate kid-friendly robotics concepts and real-world applications that inspire and amaze.
Visitors will be able to see IHMC researchers and their work in drones, robotics, virtual reality experiences and more. The last tour begins at 7 p.m.
Established by Congress in 2010 to raise awareness about robots and their important role in shaping the future of education, industry, and the U.S. economy, National Robotics Week brings together students, educators, and influencers who share a passion for robots and technology.
- STEM-Talk: Dr. Michael Leon on the power of olfaction enrichment to ameliorate dementia symptoms
- IHMC hosts Dynamic Walking Conference in May 2024 drawing robotics experts from across the world
- Dr. Tom Jones Evening Lecture on March 15 includes book signing by Bodacious Bookstore
- STEM-Talk: Mark Mattson on the brain’s most important neurotransmitter
- IHMC Newsletter highlights human-machine teaming research and more
- STEM-Talk: Marc Hamilton on the metabolic power behind the soleus push-up
- Science Saturdays welcome students with new sessions in 2024
- Evening Lecture series kicks off 2024 highlighting power of Internet of Things
- STEM-Talk: Sten Stray-Gundersen on blood-flow restriction training and cardiovascular exercise physiology