Research Associate (HRP Wet Lab)
Starting Date: As soon as possible, depending on applicant’s availability.
Description: IHMC is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Core (BMBC) Laboratory in the Healthspan, Resilience, and Performance (HRP) research program. Our interdisciplinary HRP team conducts leading-edge research focused on responses to stress and optimization of health, resilience, and performance from the molecular level to whole human.
The BMBC supports biospecimen collection and processing; biochemical, molecular, and cellular assays; and data analysis – bringing mechanistic insights to both interventional and observational research. The individual hired will work closely with the HRP team and may also have opportunities to interact and collaborate across other areas of expertise at IHMC including Robotics/Exoskeletons and AI/Computer Science.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to innovative human research across a wide range of focus areas (e.g., neuroscience, musculoskeletal science, rehabilitation, chronic disease, and elite performance).
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Ideal Candidate: We are seeking an organized, self-motivated individual with technical proficiency in laboratory assays, experience navigating multidisciplinary teams, and a passion for biology, human health, and/or human performance. Applicants must be capable of both functioning as part of a tight-knit team and working independently for extended periods of time. Applicants should also have experience developing, implementing, and troubleshooting cell and molecular biology assays.
- Bachelor’s degree in physiology, biology, biochemistry, or a highly related field
- Laboratory experience in cell and molecular biology, histology, and biospecimen processing
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to help develop and adhere to standard operating procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, perform quality assessment, and maintain quality control
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, data management software)
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Master’s degree in physiology, biology, biochemistry, or a highly related field
Email to email@example.com with the subject line “Lab Research Associate – YourLastName” and include the following:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”.
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnaire pdf, fill it out and attach it.
**Application is considered incomplete until all items are submitted.**
Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.