IHMC is seeking a strong Robotics Project Manager for a full-time role in Pensacola, FL. The Robotics Project Manager interfaces regularly with other internal and external team members, research scientists, and administrative personnel, and is responsible for the support of all Robotics related programs.
- Facilitating the monitoring, tracking, completion, and delivery of project deliverables and reporting requirements
- Establishes procedures to assure that all tasks are performed in accordance with applicable standards, quality, estimated costs, and schedules
- Interface and coordinate with multiple technical/functional leads to establish and track objectives and budgets
- Manage the tracking of project inventory
- Creation, execution, and management of invoices, purchase orders, etc.
- Tracking and delivering on grant/program reporting
- Developing and implementing new processes as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10 years or more of relevant experience in programmatic support
- Excellent experience working with Microsoft Office products with strong emphasis on MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Preferred: engineering education/experience
- Strong experience in programmatic coordination to include:
- Financial Projections
- Deliverable tracking
- Stakeholder Management
- Inventory management
- Event coordination
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities
- Ability to interface with many stakeholders
- Experience coordinating both ad-hoc and recurring events
The candidate must work well within a team of research scientist as well as administrative personnel. They should have good speaking and writing skills and be able to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly. The candidate should also be self-motivated, should be able to solve challenges without significant assistance, and should pro-actively seek to support the growth of the Robotics program.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Location: Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
Why work at IHMC?
The robotics lab is an exciting place to work! We have researchers from all over the world, including TU Delft, ETH Zurich, MIT, Berkeley, Olin College, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Florida Tech, Embry Riddle, RIT, USC, and UF. Having so many minds crammed into one building makes for some interesting conversation, amusing antics, and fun activities to blow off some steam. Our team makes it a priority to have paintball days, barbecues, sailing trips in Pensacola Bay, beach days, dress up dares, happy hours, and learning lunches.
Pensacola is a great place to live! The weather is (almost) always perfect for outdoor activities like sailing on the bay, volleyball on the white sand beaches, kayaking on Blackwater River, or camping right by the waves. The lab is located in Downtown Pensacola, surrounded by tasty restaurants, art museums, concert venues, farmers markets, and food trucks. Pensacola thrives on never-ending music, dining, dancing and cultural diversity located right at your fingertips. You’ll love it here!
This is for a full-time, paid position. You must be authorized or able to gain authorization to work in the United States.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager – YourLastName” and include the following:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”.
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnaire pdf, fill it out and attach it. Name your file: “YourLastName_Questionnaire.pdf”
In the cover letter:
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in a position at IHMC.
- Provide email and phone number (work and cell) for three (3) professional references.
**Application is considered incomplete until all items are submitted.**
Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, Florida
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.