Part-Time Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing Engineer
Starting Date: As soon as possible, depending on applicant’s availability.
Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Inc. in Ocala, FL is seeking a Part-Time Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing Engineer. You will be working on cutting-edge, high-impact research involving diverse topics such as cybersecurity, human assessment, dialogue systems, and more.
- Perform data processing and cleanup to feed data into machine learning models
- Train and tune ML models
- Design visualizations for data analysis and reporting
- Interface with APIs to perform data acquisition
- Collaborate with scientists to co-author publications to academic conferences and journals documenting algorithms, prototypes, and results from experimentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 4 years of relevant experience working with the following languages and platforms: Python, Windows, Linux, Docker
- Experience with Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Experience with NLP libraries, such as NLTK and Spacy
- Experience with visualization of data and results
- US Citizen
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Prior publications in scientific journals or conferences
- Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Ocala, FL
Email to Dr. Ian Perera <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line “part-time-ml-nlp-engineer –
YourLastName” and include the following:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”.
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnaire pdf, fill it out and attach it. Name your file: “YourLastName_Questionnaire.pdf”
In the cover letter:
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in a position at IHMC.
- Provide email and phone number (work and cell) for three (3) professional references.
**Application is considered incomplete until all items are submitted.**
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.