STEM-Talk wins People’s Choice award for second time in three years
The international competition features thousands of nominees in more than 20 categories. According to Todd Cochrane, who founded the competition in 2005, People’s Choice recognizes the top podcasts in the world as nominated by listeners.
“The awards are truly independent and the shows that are nominated and win have significant bragging rights as being listener favorites,” said Cochrane.
STEM-Talk is nearing its 100th episode and also closing in on 2 million downloads. In 2017, STEM-Talk not only took home the top prize in the science and medicine category, but also was runner-up for the competition’s grand prize.
STEM-Talk bills itself as “conversations with some of the most interesting people in the world of science and technology.” The guests have ranged from Nobel Prize winners in physics to NASA Astronauts to numerous thought leaders in the medical sciences.
The podcast uploads to iTunes, Stitcher, Google, Overcast and other podcast apps twice a month.
IHMC CEO Dr. Ken Ford co-hosts the podcast with IHMC Research Scientist Dr. Dawn Kernagis. Senior Creative and Multimedia Specialist William Howell edits the podcast along with staff member Jordan Accardo. Communications Director Randy Hammer is the show’s producer.
Some of STEM-Talk’s more popular episodes include:
- Dr. Stuart Phillips, professor of kinesiology at McMaster University, who in episode 82 talked about his research into muscle health and dietary protein.
- Dr. Robert Epstein, a psychologist, journalist and former editor of Psychology Today, who talked about his academic career in behavioral sciences in episode 89 and also his most recent research into the invisible influence that technology companies, particularly Google, have on consumer and political behavior.
- Megan Roberts, the scientific director at Nourish Balance Thrive, who was featured in episode 92 and is best known for her 2017 paper in Cell Metabolism that showed a ketogenic diet extended the longevity and health span of adult mice.
To find these episode and others, visit ihmc.us/stemtalk.
- IHMC podcast in the running for international award
- STEM-Talk wins People’s Choice award for second time in three years
- UWF and IHMC announce inaugural cohort for state’s first Ph.D. in Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- UWF and IHMC announce inaugural director for Intelligent Systems and Robotics doctoral program
- IHMC and Andrews Research and Education Foundation announce partnership to conduct research projects
- Ryan Tilley Appointed to the FloridaWest Economic Development Alliance Board of Directors
- The most important, innovative company to open in Ocala in the past 20 years.
- IHMC CEO named to National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence
- IHMC a finalist in Toyota Mobility Challenge