STEM-Talk wins first place!
IHMC’s podcast STEM-Talk won first place in the science and medicine category at the 12th Annual People’s Choice Podcast Awards on Sunday.
The international competition featured more than 2,000 nominees in 20 categories. STEM-Talk also was a runner-up in the People’s Choice Award, the grand prize of the competition.
STEM-Talk bills itself as “conversations with some of the most interesting people in the world of science and technology.”
“We really didn’t expect this,” said Ken Ford, IHMC’s founder and CEO, who came up with the idea for STEM-Talk. “Our podcast is just a little more than a year old and we’re thrilled to receive this kind of recognition so soon.”
STEM-Talk uploads to iTunes every other Tuesday and is nearing its 50th episode.
Ford co-hosts the podcast with IHMC research scientist Dawn Kernagis. Veteran NASA astronaut Tom Jones, who also is a senior research scientist at IHMC, has co-hosted several episodes of STEM-Talk. STEM-Talk is edited by IHMC Senior Creative and Multimedia Specialist William “Billy” Howell and Communications Director Randy Hammer is the show’s producer.
The Oct. 24 episode will feature Kernagis interviewing Ford about artificial intelligence and the founding of IHMC. Ford, an early adapter of a ketogenic diet, also will answer questions about his study of nutrition and ways to maintain strength and function with aging. The interview precedes Ford’s induction into the Florida Inventor’s Hall of Fame, which is set for Nov. 6 in Tampa.
More information is at stemtalk.us or podcastawards.com
Attached a video about STEM-Talk that was played at the Podcast Awards:
- DARPA taps IHMC’s Bonnie Dorr for group to assess agency’s research
- IHMC podcast in the running for international award
- STEM-Talk wins People’s Choice award for second time in three years
- UWF and IHMC announce inaugural cohort for state’s first Ph.D. in Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- UWF and IHMC announce inaugural director for Intelligent Systems and Robotics doctoral program
- IHMC and Andrews Research and Education Foundation announce partnership to conduct research projects
- Ryan Tilley Appointed to the FloridaWest Economic Development Alliance Board of Directors
- The most important, innovative company to open in Ocala in the past 20 years.
- IHMC CEO named to National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence