Human-Robot Teamwork Software Engineer
Start date as soon as possible
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
IHMC is seeking a software engineer to join the autonomy and coactive design group which is focused on advancing the understanding of human machine teaming. This team strives to improve the autonomous capabilities of robot and software agents to create more effective teammates.
The candidate will help with the development of visualization and simulation tools, distributed collaborative robotic and software systems, as well as other varied responsibilities related to human machine teaming. This work is applied in continuously changing domains such as search and rescue and collaborative games, and involves all kinds of agents ranging from unmanned aerial vehicles to artificial social agents.
Initial responsibilities will be helping with the development of web tools to design and visualize joint activity in human machine teams.
To thrive in this interdisciplinary environment, the ideal candidate must be self driven, able to take initiative and work independently. They should be reliable and passionate about the research with a continuous desire to learn, improve and teach. Importantly the candidate should be comfortable pursuing new information and skills to meet the demands of the job responsibilities. A non negligible part of the duties involves investigative research with the ability to clearly communicate and report findings to the rest of the team.
- Strong background in software engineering
- Propensity toward clean code hygiene and discipline
- Hands on experience with web technologies
- Familiar with object oriented and functional programming
- Proficient with git
- Comfortable with terminal emulators and shells
- Knowledgeable about relational databases and experience with at least one such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Familiar with networking concepts, protocols and technologies
- Comfortable with server environments, administration and automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Work on site in Pensacola FL
- Experience with:
- authentication concepts and protocols.
- service api design
- java (alternatively with C#)
- shell scripting
- postgresql, PL/pgSQL
- continuous integration tools
Email to email@example.com with the subject line “Human-Robot Teamwork Software Engineer – YourLastName” and include the following:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”.
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnaire pdf, fill it out and attach it.
In the cover letter:
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in a position at IHMC.
- Provide email and phone number for three (3) professional references.
**Application is considered incomplete until all items are submitted.**
Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
This job requires US citizenship.
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.