Dr. Rita Colwell (emeritus)
Dr. Rita Colwell is currently chair at Canon U.S. Life Sciences, the Arlington, VA. based subsidiary of Canon USA, Inc. She is the former Director of the National Science Foundation as well as a highly cited microbiologist. She is a nationally respected scientist and educator and has authored or co-authored 16 books and more than 700 scientific publications.
- Experts in spatial disorientation review innovations to mitigate risks of aviation mishaps
- STEM-Talk: Dr. Barbara Thorne, conehead termite expert, on biology, control of these highly social insects
- Summer Robotics Camp 2023 registration opens this week.
- Space Florida, IHMC partnership includes collaboration, research support
- WATCH: Dr. Karen Wooley on the future of sustainable, biodegradable plastics.
- STEM-Talk: Jeff Volek on what we’ve learned in 30 years about keto, carb-restricted diets and health
- WATCH: Dr. Alexander Fleming’s Evening Lecture on geroscience and healthy longevity
- IHMC breaks ground on new, $30 million human performance research complex
- STEM-Talk: Ed Weiler on the Hubble and James Webb telescopes and NASA’s search for life