IHMC is seeking a strong software developer to assist with several projects related to robotics, including humanoid robotics, exoskeletons, and aerial vehicles. This role would involve rapid development of custom software to support advanced research. Candidates should be proficient in programming using languages such as Python, C++, and Java. They should be proficient at writing complex algorithms and unit tests to verify completeness and correctness. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with Git and agile software practices. Additional skills that would be useful include knowledge of Docker, automated planning and simulation.
The candidate must work well within a team of developers. They should have good speaking and writing skills and be able to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly. The candidate should also be self-motivated should be able to solve challenges without significant assistance, and should pro-actively seek to help the rest of the IHMC team reach their goals.
This is for a full-time, paid position in Pensacola, Florida. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software Developer – YourLastName” and include the following:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”.
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”
- Download this Pre-Interview Questionnairepdf, fill it out and attach it. Name your file: “YourLastName_Questionnaire.pdf”
In the cover letter:
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in a position at IHMC.
- Provide email and phone number (work and cell) for three (3) professional references.
**Application is considered incomplete until all items are submitted.**
Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
IHMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.